Max Raccoon, as you might expect, has a splendid collection of decorative papers. He says that one of his favorite easy paper crafts is paper weaving. He wants to make woven paper placemats for all his friends, to decorate their table for The Icicle's First Twinkle. What a nice idea!
- A ruler
- A Pencil
- Two pieces of colored paper
- Tape (optional)
1. Start by choosing one sheet of paper (we used light green), fold it in half. Use a ruler and a pencil to mark one inch lines along the top folded edge.
2. Draw a line from each mark along the folded edge, towards the opposite end of the paper. Leave a one-inch gap between the edge and your lines.
3. Use scissors to cut along those lines. Be sure to stop an inch away from the edge. Unfold your sheet. Turn the paper so that the slots point up and down.
4. Next take your second sheet of paper (we used dark green), and use your ruler and pencil to draw one-inch thick strips. Cut strips.
5. Take a strip of paper, and begin to guide it through the sliced sheet. Guide it over the first “slice” then under the second. Repeat until you reach the opposite edge.
6. Take your next strip of paper and guide it through the slices, this time going under first, then over.
7. Continue to repeat this process until you run out of space.
8. Trim any loose edges. Secure in place with tape if needed.
Step 9. Set the table and voila!